Saturday, December 24, 2011

First Wave - Soccer Player Admits To Fixing In Italy - World Soccer - Sports

CREMONA, Italy (AP) Former Atalanta captain Cristiano Doni includes reportedly credited correcting Serie B soccer mmorpgs in Italy affecting his workforce and states his tavern realized next to nothing regarding it.

Doni ended up being involving of sixteen men and women arrested all around Italy on Monday in a study into match-fixing plus outlawed gambling on on games.

After five a short time of solitary confinement, Doni was made possible in order to reach using his lawyer Friday along with was and then asked simply by prosecutors.

Yes, I understood concerning the repair intended for Atalanta-Piacenza. I offered my own endorsement and also I bet, Doni is definitely cited seeing that saying by means of Saturday ersus Gazzetta dello Sport. I likewise tried out to perform the identical issue with regard to the actual match along with Ascoli. But these were all private initiatives, I m not necessarily section of any kind of organization. The golf club didn t know anything.

Atalanta beat Piacenza 3-0 plus your Ascoli-Atalanta go with complete 1-1.

In June, of sixteen persons ended up arrested as portion of the initial wave in the inquiry, and Doni seemed to be next located underneath investigation.

Doni mentioned the moment he or she appeared to be innocent, nevertheless around August had been banished coming from soccer pertaining to 3 1/2 several years because of the Italian soccer federation. Atalanta, endorsed that will Serie A in this season, seemed to be disciplined six points.

I mentioned of course for the fixes for the reason that Atalanta benefited, Doni advised the particular Gazzetta. I would have never heard any one who seem to made available my home income to make my squad lose. I made a error and now I might t even take a look at myself within the looking glass because doing so would make me think about many of the discomfort I ve caused my family members and the fans.

The relegation that will Serie B hurt me and the ersus the reason why I acknowledged these types of offers, Doni added. By profitable i was guaranteed to possibly be promoted.

The hottest arrests come several several years after an additional major match-fixing scandal restricted for you to golf club and referee officers however is not competitors took Juventus relegation to be able to Serie B for any season, as well as level problems with regard to Lazio, AC Milan, Fiorentina and Reggina around Serie A.

The prosecutors in Cremona, who seem to are generally leading the existing investigation, possess detailed an extensive match-fixing ring stretches where Singapore and also South America which includes presumably been recently with function for additional in comparison with 10 years.

Three Serie A fits from very last year will also be below investigation: Brescia vs. Bari, Brescia vs. Lecce and Napoli vs. Sampdoria.

Others busted Monday include previous Inter Milan as well as Roma battler Luigi Sartor, an old Serie B player Alessandro Zamperini plus dynamic participants Carlo Gervasoni of Piacenza and Filippo Carobbio involving Spezia.

No comments:

Post a Comment