Monday, October 3, 2011

South Korea - Kevin Na Wins In Las Vegas For First Pga Tour Title

The 28-year-old Na closed using a new 6-under 65 for just a tournament-record 23-under 261 total from TPC Summlerin in your Fall Series opener. Watney, a two-time successful this specific year, shot a 67.

RESULTS: MORE: Tiger Woods out of top 50 throughout rankings

Tied for any lead along with Watney getting into this round, Na made that breakthrough triumph which has a 42-foot birdie putt within the par-3 17th. Na in addition to Watney each parred the particular par-4 18th.

"I'm just simply pretty excited concerning my first win," said Na, who starting golfing 1 year right after his or her family went to the South Korea when he or she ended up being 8. "It had not been easy. Nick was arriving correct powering me. It looked like any moment he or she appeared to be about to come up with a move, along with I tried out the top this I could that will stay one stage well before him. I think this putt with 17 basically sealed the particular cope to get me."

The winner had five birdies along with some sort of bogey for the prominent seven for you to achieve 21 under. He parred the primary four pockets for the back again nine, next lowered a action for the par-3 14th in order to get into a new place by using Watney.

"I click your terrible taken with 14," Na said. "I must have supported off. I usually again off, but I felt, 'I'm visiting hit this.' And I reach a terrible shot in addition to created bogey.

"To bounce back after that bogey, to hit that computer chip to be able to three or more feet I had a new excellent nick coming from along right now there I was able to be able to unwind somewhat bit. Then I had an awesome two-putt for birdie for the next hole. It gave me a one-shot lead. I told myself par, par, you are going to gain that golf tournament."

Na ripped in two onward along with his birdie with that par-4 15th and each online players birdied this par-5 16th.

"Fifteen appeared to be absolutely discouraging to certainly not help make birdie," Watney said. "I sooo want to have which bunker chance back. Sixteen, I played out really nice. Seventeen, I reach a superb chance then he / she made a 40-footer. That kind of stuff goes on while you win. It's tough for you to beat. "One thing I relearned this few days appeared to be exactly how significant I has been acquiring it, how horribly I desired to have fun with effectively the third couple involving months. That does not constantly translate straight into good golf, hence the following 1 week I came up here with no expectations. I needed them extremely uncomplicated in addition to trialled fairly nice."

Paul Goydos had 68s that will tie up for lastly at 18 under, along with David Hearn (65), Carl Pettersson (68), Jhonattan Vegas (68), Tim Herron (69) as well as Spencer Levin (68) followed at 17 under.

Na plus Watney out of cash this record by means of a couple of swings we've passed away that changed out of that for you to 72 holes with 2004.

"This greens you must get off to somewhat of a fine start," reported Na, whom received $792,000. "The cause why happens because like many of the males out below say, 'You have to search low, and when you're not making birdies, somebody else is.' So, whenever you're also par through half a dozen you feel such as you're two shots guiding everybody, but it applies far more strain in to your backside nine.

"I was able to obtain off to some wonderful start off along with stay prior to the game, and also I feel which was the main element to do to often be smooth sailing by means of towards the victory. The third hole, I produced it journey fringe along with I said, 'I'm 3 or more under through four; that is exploring actually good.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment