Sunday, April 29, 2012

East Lansing - Who Ll Join Robert Griffin Iii Detroit Free Press - Redskins Can T Pass Up Spartans Qb Kirk Cousins

EAST LANSING Kirk Cousins had been stunned to educate yourself he'd also been drafted because of the Washington Redskins. He wasn't disappointed.

Cousins, which brought about Michigan State for you to back-to-back 11-win seasons to the very first time frame around college history, seemed to be ingested 102nd entire inside the next round. He was cost-free quarterback preferred by that Redskins. They as well drew up Heisman Trophy successful Robert Griffin I when using the minute all round select Thursday.

"I hadn't written to all of them in the deal at great period and don't recognize these were interested, nonetheless when I observed a Virginia number on my mobile phone phone, I understood it has been a possibility," Cousins explained during a teleconference. "When I answered, Coach (Mike) Shanahan told me, 'I can't pass everyone upwards and now have to select you.'

"It's an exceptional problem together with Washington picking Robert No. couple of overall, plus I didn't assume it, although Coach Shanahan knows quarterbacks. He caused Steve Young plus John Elway, as well as I think he / she (felt) obtaining me personally while in the last around seemed to be a steal.

"I consider Robert is within their quick projects plus the long-term expect their enthusiast base, nevertheless these people could not have decided on my home except many people believed within me. Now it truly is as long as myself to read the playbook in addition to help support Robert, when I obtain my chance to play, Robert will support me."

Cousins was planned to visit seeing that huge for the reason that next around however said he or she had not been let down to travel while in the fourth.

"I has been explained to subsequent and also third, nonetheless also the afternoon before, people know within the backside involving your head which anyone could fall and anybody can step up," they said. "I held an open head in addition to would certainly be ecstatic in which I ended up, also it transpired while in the last round. I'm excited intended for occasion plus have to create the best connected with that by increasing my level fot it regarding an NFL quarterback."

He said your dog couldn't know significantly regarding the Redskins.

"Here's just what exactly I learn about Washington: It's some sort of zealous soccer city which includes a brilliant enthusiast base," Cousins said. "I find out it is really when Sammy Baugh played, plus I'm planning to ought to learn what in order to their attack song, 'Hail on the Redskins.' "

Cousins started to be the second Spartan drawn in this year's NFL draft. Defensive fishing tackle Jerel Worthy, which i went to Saturday's spring sport in East Lansing , has been drew up within your second rounded with the Green Bay Packers about Friday night.

Four additional Spartans were being drawn up Saturday: wide receivers Keshawn Martin plus B.J. Cunningham, going back again Edwin Baker in addition to safe practices Trenton Robinson.

The Texans drawn up Martin inside next circular (121st overall).

"I'm a fast, rapid recipient that will also return punts as well as kickoffs," Martin said. "I'm a superb fit for any Houston Texans."

Martin have scored touchdowns five various ways during his vocation together with that Spartans.

"In college, I loved to help compare personally for you to Percy Harvin," Martin said, mentioning this Minnesota Vikings wide receiver. "I'm this form regarding person who is able to create big plays."

The 49ers made to last Robinson from the sixth round, 180th overall.

"I had actually written to help them a couple of days to weeks prior to the draft," Robinson said. "They claimed these people preferred me, they asked me a number of questions in addition to everything. They said they appreciated me, and in addition they were definitely visiting possibly be drafting a new safety. I had been just simply thrilled then, and right now I just simply will not also really have learned to feel. My fantasy is actually here, in addition to most I should want to do to help get wherever I desire to often be is definitely operate tough and also I recognize I'll have some sort of spot there."

The Dolphins selected Cunningham while in the sixth round, 183rd overall. The Chargers picked out Baker inside the seventh round, 250th overall.

Come to come back Monday, when whip article author George Sipple responses your concerns in a chitchat at 11 a.m.

Free Press columnist Drew Sharp will respond to concerns about everything Detroit sports activities inside a dwell chitchat at 11 a.m. Friday at freep.com/sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment