Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Presidential Election - Bin Hammam Withdraws From Fifa Presidential Poll - World Soccer - Sports

LONDON (AP) Mohamed bin Hammam withdrew from FIFA ersus presidential election working hours prior to dealing with an ethics listening to more than alleged corruption during the campaign.

The Qatari challenger to 13-year incumbent Sepp Blatter may be accused involving arranging bribes to get about 25 presidential voters over a marketing campaign visit for the Caribbean previous this kind of month.

Bin Hammam, Blatter in addition to FIFA Vice President Jack Warner will be caused by skin a FIFA ethics hearing on Sunday, while using selection cycle of for Wednesday.

Recent events include eventually left me injured plus frustrated on the skilled plus personal level, Bin Hammam had written upon his / her personal website. It saddens me that standing up for any causes that will I considered throughout features occur in the superb price tag the particular destruction involving FIFA s reputation. This seriously isn't just what exactly I had in mind for FIFA this also is usually unacceptable.

I is unable to allow this identify of which I beloved in order to always be ripped additional plus much more while in the mud for the reason that of competition somewhere between two individuals. The game by itself and the individuals who love the idea world wide should are available first. It is perfect for this rationale that will I pronounce my own drawback from your presidential election .

The allegations versus Asian Football Confederation us president pile Hammam and also Warner were leveled simply by American FIFA executive committee representative Chuck Blazer.

I pray that my drawback will never be associated with the research presented from the FIFA ethics committee since I will appear before the ethics committee for you to clear my own label through the actual baseless allegations which have recently been made alongside me, bin Hammam said. I assurance those who banded by me this I will walk using my personal head stored substantial and definately will continue to fight for the excellent with the game.

Warner, your CONCACAF president, even offers develop into involved within the scandal.

I have a exceptional thanks a lot to be able to my buddy as well as colleague Jack Warner for his unlimited support, rubbish bin Hammam said. I am i am sorry to discover of which he's to be able to go through due to me, although I am offering him that I is going to be together with the pup entirely through solid and thin.

Bin Hammam decided to aim to turn out to be the first Asian president within FIFA verts 106-year track record once actively playing an essential position in Qatar with success succeeding your vote throughout December for you to intended for the 2022 World Cup.

Blatter been successful Brazil ersus Joao Havelange, beating then-UEFA leader Lennart Johansson at the 1998 FIFA Congress. After struggling with a challenge through Issa Hayatou around 2002, Blatter appeared to be re-elected unopposed with regard to yet another effective expression in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment